Urban Mission is addressing Social Justice issues for Baltimore
- Begin to create a narrative of being a native West Baltimorean
- Bringing in writers and people in the community that need to formulate and express their narrative.
II. Begin to bridge resources in Baltimore, other Dioceses, and General Convention.
- Working with non-profit Organizations that are geared for social justice
- Working with Churches everywhere that wants to build long lasting relations in West Baltimore.
III. Missioner will also:
- Connect the diocese and other West Baltimoreans on the grassroots level (meeting people where they are in their needs), hold community meetings and other gatherings to build trust and love.
- Bringing millennial clergy and non-clergy to serve as a pastoral presence to this community.
- Creating community engagement center within the parish of Church of the Holy Trinity.
- This could serve as a recruitment tool for the Bishop Sutton Scholars Program.
- Work with existing West Baltimore churches and see how they can better empower lay leaders in being an advocate for their inner neighborhood.
- Research and find grants that can help toward this initiative!
- Create entrepreneurship for young adults within this community.
Projects: Coppin Our House Mentoring Program,
Legal Day-offering free legal advice for the community
Community Giveaway of book-bags and other items to the community